Mixed form of education
- We follow the national learning programme.
- Our students take the Unified State Exam (EGE)
- Our students receive the State Certificate of Secondary Education
Education through Dialogue – is a methodology of teaching with maintaining a dialogue with a teacher. Based on methods by A. Rivin and V. Diachenko.
For whom it is especially important:
- School is perfectly suited for those, who have serious hobbies, which require a lot of time for training.Sportsmen, musicians or others who are often absent from school due to competitions, tours etc. Such staying away from school provokes gaps in knowledge and stress for a child. On the other hand, Education through Dialogue gives a possibility to avoid such problems. After a break a student will just start to study where he stopped last time, without lagging behind his classmates or feeling guilty.
- This from of learning suits children who fall often ill. Again it may help to avoid stresses or overloads.
- For extraordinary and talented children for which traditional education is inappropriate.Some people may say that such children are troublesome, but they are just unusual who need a possibility to express themselves. We are very happy to see when a person discovers his or her new qualities.
- If education seems to be boring for a student and there is no interest in studying it means that no one showed how interesting it may be. Our program focuses on creating the process of learning luring for a person.
The process of learning:
Individual method. It allows children to study with their own pace. It is very important because someone needs more time to analyse a subject than another person. Education through Dialogue gives a possibility not to depend on another pupil or teacher and to have their own route of studying. It is a real freedom of choice of a teacher, or subjects for deeper studying. For every pupil there is an individual schedule. A pupil chooses which subject and for what amount of time he or she wants to study it. This system allows achieving maximum involvement from a student.
There is no need of going to school every day. Student may choose a number of days they need (from 2 to 6). The quantity of days depends on different factors, for example: how prepared according to a program a student is, what amount of material a pupil wants to study during a year and their personal characteristics.
Reasonable control of education. Despite the freedom of choice, we do not allow the education for self-flowing. There is a qualified senior teacher, which controls the process of learning and maintains relations with parents. Every student has their own record book in which the whole program is described. The program is divided into topics, which are subject to assessment.
Comfortable workspace. You will not find usual classrooms and breaks; we have one big room for all. There are 4-6 teachers and 20-30 children who work at the same time. Therefore a student is free in his choice of a teacher or subject. Also during the dialogue lessons there is no emotional tension, students are not afraid to ask a question, to express their ideas or disagree with a teacher.
Deeper studying of a subject. If a child has a special interest in a subject there is an opportunity to study it deeper covering topics and solving problems, which are beyond the school program. Also there is help concerning exams taken in every subject subject. All our teachers have high qualification, that is why a student receives highly qulified support.
Opportunity for individual tempo of learning. If a child quickly grasps the material, it is an excellent opportunity to study the program twice as quicker. This is a great possibility for talented kids who want to move on quickly. Also it happens that students come to us from other schools in order to catch up with material already covered, but they start to learn even faster additional material with their own pace.
Development of students’ speech, ability to carry on a conversation, business conversation, intelligently to argue, to ask the right questions, find solutions to problems in the dialogue. To be successful in life we need these abilities of effective communication. Sometimes these skills play a crucial role in our life. Education through dialogue it is a constant dialogue between a teacher and a student on the topics in question. Moreover the school offers special meta programs for written and oral speech development.
Development of important personal qualities: self-confidence, independence, time management, success and skills for business conversation.
Successful socialization. The program provides opportunity to communicate with children of different age.
Positive health influence. Children are not overloaded with studies (start 9.30 – finish 12.30), they do not feel stress of not coping with the program. Also students may have a break whenever they want. In 1998 a specialist from St. Petersburg Mechnikov’s Medical Academy studied the dialogue method of learning and proved that there is a positive influence on health of a student («at the end of the school day students expressed fatigue practically were not observed, increasing efficiency by the end of lessons was observed in over 50% of the students»).